COMPLIANCE ANALYST - FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP
Growing Financial Services Group.
Be an integral part of the Regulatory, Risk & Compliance Function.
About Our Client
Our client is a diversified financial services group that provides a wide range of innovative finance products to consumers and businesses through a large and trusted partner network. From supporting education, to equipping a home, to building a business - they have a vast array of solutions to help.
Due to ongoing growth across the business, a new 'Compliance Analyst' role has been created to support their demanding Regulatory, Risk and Compliance function.
As a Compliance Analyst you will be responsible for monitoring and assisting with the re-engineering of risk application, operational risk and behavioural scoring models. This role is responsible for the ongoing validation and management of operational risk performance, as well as leading continuous improvement of both existing models and strategy.
Based in Sydney CBD you will be part of a supportive and collaborative team working across a full range of compliance areas.
This role has accountability for the performance and development of Operational Risk and Compliance tools across all business units and acts as the primary conduit between stakeholders assisting in the development of compliance and control framework (including with external vendors) and business stakeholders.
The role is action oriented, full of energy for challenges and not fearful of acting. Seizes opportunities, prioritises work effectively and can manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Being customer focused in critical whilst establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers and colleagues and can gain trust and respect across all levels of the organisation. The role demands the ability to learn quickly when facing new problems, being open to change and quickly grasps the essence of ideas.
The culture is fast paced, high achieving so it's imperative that the Compliance Analyst brings a dynamic and can-do approach and attitude to the business. The role and the business is best suited to someone who is flexible, pro-active and multi-tasking, and can manage effectively with a sense of urgency in such a high achieving and fast-moving environment.
- Plan and coordinate operational activities to guarantee compliance with governmental regulations and organisational policies/procedures;
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented and well documented;
- Perform occasional internal reviews and discreet investigations;
- Identify compliance problems that call for formal attention;
- Assist in the development of risk management strategies to avoid non-compliance;
- Assist with the filing of compliance reports with regulatory bodies; and
- Investigate issues highlighted in the compliance forum and provide effective solutions for the non-compliance issues.
The Successful Applicant
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A tertiary qualification in a quantitative discipline with a good level of industry experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of effective Risk & Compliance frameworks;
- Experience in regulated lending environment (ideally in Credit Cards and/or Personal Loans, preferably both);
- Can demonstrate ability to translate statistical principles and model based solutions into practical business applications;
- Experience in change management / project management;
- Experience working with large data sets and can successfully provide trend, fraud and loss insights via effective and easy to understand reporting;
- Experience in compliance policy writing, reviews/internal audits and system/process design;
- Strong ability to prepare and distribute meaningful reporting and portfolio performance insights; and
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders from varying business units and geographic locations.
Capabilities & Competencies
- Engages stakeholders effectively;
- Effectively balances risk and return;
- Ability to make decisions independently whilst working cohesively as part of a team;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong documentation skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Self-directed with the ability to adjust in a dynamic environment;
- Can solve problems with peers and is a team player who easily gains trust and support of peers and encourages collaboration;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally and within a team;
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish;
- Committed to and actively works to continuously improve; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and especially Visio).
What's on Offer
COMPLIANCE ANALYST REQUIRED TO SUPPORT OUR CLIENT'S GROWING REGULATORY, RISK & COMPLIANCE FUNCTION!
Supportive and collaborative working environment with a diverse range of work.
Please get in touch with Maria Curtis ASAP on 02 8292 2238 or send your CV to mariacurtis @ michaelpage. com. au.