Compliance Consultant - Insurance Services
temporary contract in high performing compliance team
prior insurance experience is highly preferred
About Our Client
Our client is a financial enterprise which provides insurance services in NSW. As one of the largest insurance providers in Australia this organisation is committed to providing a friendly, first class service that puts the needs of its consumers at the centre of its day-to-day activities.
This role is a temporary contract created to assist the high performing compliance team in working with the business to ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulatory obligations. The role will facilitate the continued implementation of the organisations compliance framework and drive culture change. Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited too):
- research and identification of relevant laws, regulations and other external requirements to facilitate updating of internal policies;
- anticipation of regulatory change and advising the business on its potential impact;
- partnering with business units to ensure awareness of compliance obligations and how to meet them; and
- assist in the further development of a compliance risk assessment program and conduct investigations into non-compliance.
This role requires management of relationships at all levels of the business and with external stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will be a proactive compliance professional with a talent for partnering with the business in a collaborative and mutually beneficial manner. Prior experience with general insurance is essential and a proven track record in the provision of commercially orientated compliance advice will be an advantage.
The successful applicant must:
- have a tertiary degree in law, finance or a similar field;
- have at least one (1) year prior experience in the Australian financial services sector;
- have a demonstrable track record in the conduct of research and provision autonomous compliance advice;
- have advanced communication skills and an analytical approach high pressure situations;
- have prior experience in drafting of compliance policies or development of compliance frameworks is preferred; and
- be comfortable liaising with all levels of the business and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships.
The successful applicant will be motivated and excited at the prospect of driving organisational change. The ability to identify issues causing non-compliance and design solutions that meet obligations in a commercially effective manner is highly desired.
What's on Offer
Competitive daily rate based on knowledge and experience.