Continuous Improvement Engineer
6 month initial contract with view to permanent
About Our Client
Our client is a Melbourne based food manufacturer who distribute a number of well known products nationwide.
This global business have seen increasing growth across Australia which has resulted in them looking for a proactive CI engineer to join their state of the art plant.
An experienced Continuous Improvement Engineer is required to join a fun and friendly team. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role will require a proactive and hands on approach to the manufacturing process. Responsibilities include:
- Developing systems, processes and methods to meet manufacturing requirements ensuring lowest cost and highest quality.
- Proactively achieving continuous improvement across the manufacturing space.
- Cutting costs and minimising waste.
- Taking a hands on approach to developing the team.
- Lead and coordinate waste reduction projects and improvements in all areas of the business.
- Train and develop staff in all elements of Lean philosophies and use of the Lean toolbox.
- Plan, conduct and coordinate 5S type activities throughout the business.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role, experience within a fast paced production environment is essential. The following will also be required:
- Engineering related degree qualification.
- High level of communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and able to work independently.
- Ability to drive change and a track record of increasing efficiencies/reducing costs.
- Good team player with interpersonal, organisation and time management skills.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary is on offer for this initial 6 month contract.
To apply, please click 'Apply' below. For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Jamie Cameron on +61 3 8640 3152