Continuous Improvement Manager
Lead Process Improvement Projects
Drive Cost-Saving Initiatives
About Our Client
Our client is a well-recognised brand supplying into all major retailers. Synonymous for their high quality locally made product, they have been operating in Melbourne's north for over half a century. With some significant Capital investment and some strong projects in the pipeline, they are now looking to expand their engineering/Operations team with the addition of a Continuous Improvement Manager.
In this role, you will be required to:
- Support and drive the Master Plan to reduce wastage and increase effectiveness across the site
- Commissioning and decommissioning of capital equipment
- Management of Capital Projects (range from $1m up to $4m)
- Reduce bottlenecks in the multiple production processing lines and packaging departments.
- Drive & deliver "World class" OEE through identifying and executing some process improvement strategies across the operational areas of the business.
- Coach and provide guidance to the maintenance and production teams and drive the Lean mentality.
- Provide a positive support to the core function of the business (i.e the people) through consistent cross-skilling and training.
- Implement a formal Six Sigma program including SPC, Process Capability, Work stream mapping, Fishbone, SMED.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful for this role, you should satisfy the following criteria:
- Degree Qualification in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering
- Minimum of 8-10 years of similar experience in FMCG driving Continuous Improvement projects and leading the charge on driving the OEE
- Experience with Packaging equipment and processing plant is essential
- Strong project management experience
- Capable of communicating at varying levels of the organization, particularly with senior management teams
What's on Offer
An attractive package is on offer to the successful candidate along with the opportunity to join a strong engineering team in their journey towards operational excellence.