Contract Manager / Procurement Specialist - ICT
12 month fix term contract + extensions
About Our Client
Defence tier one company based in Canberra is seeking a Contract Manager / Procurement Specialist - ICT who will sit within their Sourcing and Commercial Management team. You be responsible for the management of commercial and contract aspects, in relation to a major and high profile projects.
- Develop subcontract specifications, work statements and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services for subcontracts in support of development, production for multiple contract types
- Support acquisition strategies for the program
- Work in a Subcontract Management Team - providing SCA support to the team that includes the Subcontract Program Manager, Business Operations and other program personnel
- Prepare bid packages, conduct bidders' conferences, develop evaluation criteria, analyse and evaluate proposals, negotiate subcontract provisions, select or recommend subcontractors, write subcontract packages for review, prepare awards and administers resulting subcontracts
- Negotiate and coordinate additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts
- Participate with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures. Sign supplier agreements and purchase orders within established authority
- Represent organization as a prime contact on contracts or project
- Provide status and reports to the company's subcontracts organization
The Successful Applicant
- Strong communication skills, technical and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work autonomously as well as contribute as a valued team member
- Complete understanding and application of procurement and contract management principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Professional experience in a similar role preferably in ICT
- Ability to work in complex environment
- Proven ability to adapt and maintain a flexible approach to changing needs or priorities
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Outstanding ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels
- Willingness to constantly update knowledge in a dynamic environment
What's on Offer
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact Jean Carlo Ramirez via email or phone. If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skillset however would like to have a confidential discussion on your career please get in touch.