An exciting new opportunity to join a business as an ongoing contractor
There is the opportunity to go permanent
About Our Client
My client is a leading and fast growing mining company in Perth.
The position will:
- Ensure timely and effective preparation and evaluation of tenders, negotiation with tenderers, recommendations to internal customers and management for approvals, preparation of contract documentation, issuance of award of contracts and decline notices, general commercial administration and contract management and close out of contracts;
- Ensure tender and contract documentation and supplier performance complies with Company policies and core values with respect to safety, environment, community relations and social licence to operate;
- Administer contract matters and documentation relating to supplier claims, disputes, invoicing/payments, correspondence, review meetings, backcharges, taxes, insurance, liability, indemnities, bonds and retentions;
- Monitor and maintain effective contract supplier performance in terms of costs, quality, quantity, services, warranty and availability;
- Provide commercial and contractual advice to internal customers as required;
- Hold regular meetings and reviews with the contract supplier representative and internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and key performance indicators. Record all such meetings in writing and circulate reports to internal stakeholders;
- Ensure all tender and contract documentation is up to date and filed in the appropriate electronic register and hard copy filing system;
- Administer contract management information management systems including Ellipse and other electronic business applications;
- Act as a point of inquiry for all internal customer tender and contract matters;
- Coordinate legal/insurance advice relating to any contractual matters;
- Adhere to and reflect through behaviour and conduct, the Company core values.
The Successful Applicant
Thorough understanding of contracts and contract management including amendments, contract review and pricing queries. You will previlously have managed a contract process from pre contract award to post contract award. Strong analytical capabilities and negotiating skills, sound business sense, advanced documentation skills with high attention to detail. Site and mining industry experience. Advanced PC skills and computer literacy with respect to MS Office Suite Products
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to work for a fast growing mining business and earn a great packagein the process.