Part Time opportunity
Potential to go permanent
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the defence industry.
The key responsibilities required for the role are:
- Acts as interface with internal and external customers on contractual matters.
- Takes necessary action or coordinates action to resolve contractual problems with the contract execution team in a timely manner.
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status to the team.
- Coordinates with the project team and/or business unit and legal team, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly.
- Work with the project team to ensure contract obligations and revisions are adhered to throughout contract execution.
- Support Contract negotiation team as required.
- Participates in contract reviews with Senior Leadership as required.
- Identifies and assesses the impact of contract risks and issues, and suggests alternatives that lead to a best solution.
- Prepares Non-Disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, memorandum of understanding, international sales agreements, technical assistance agreements and other contractual documents.
- Primary Interface between Australian and US Contracts and secondary interface with US Export Compliance teams.
- Provide inputs to risks for product and services suppliers as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate MUST:
- Have the ability to gain SECRET level of security clearance per Australian Government guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree, an appropriate combination of education and relevant skills and experience.
- English language required
- Good understanding of Australian law as applicable to contracts
The successful candidate will also be:
- Detail oriented, responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Strong time management skills; ability to prioritise, and organise work.
- Working knowledge of Australian government/defence procurement policy and contracting principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to influence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility; Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to evolving business needs.
What's on Offer
This opportunity is perfect for the relevant candidate looking for part-time work, 3 days a week working with exciting contracts in a unique environment. Potential also to become a permanent role.