Control Systems Engineer
Immediately Available Contract Opportunity
Design, Develop, Test, and commission PLC & HMI/SCADA systems.
About Our Client
Our client designs, develops and manufactures highly specialised equipment for a broad number of sectors including medical devices & research. With a heavy focus on innovation, they are consistently looking to deliver cutting edge ideas and technologies to the local and international market.
Due to the increase in international demand, the need has arisen for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to join their busy Electronics department.
The role will require the successful candidate to:
- Define & document the functionality of the control systems based on project team collaboration, and information from documents such as P&IDs, equipment & IO lists and process descriptions.
- Create new projects or enhance existing projects using established standards & helping to improve these standards where appropriate.
- Develop projects designed with elements of the ISA88 batch model and that may need to meet regulatory compliances such as FDA 21 CFR Pt 11.
- Get hands on with new equipment to determine interfacing requirements and develop control strategies based on project requirements.
- Work with project teams to create test rigs for equipment performance testing.
- Control system hardware electrical detail design implementation is performed by other specialist staff and is not the focus of this position.
The Successful Applicant
- Proficiency in programming in Siemens TIA Portal v14/15/15.1, Step 7 Pro and WinCC Advanced. Including industrial communication standards such as Profibus/Profinet.
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience.
- Experience developing systems that meet FDA 21 CFR Part 11. Experience with ISA 88 Batch standards.
- Ability to write control system design documentation & test protocols.
- Development of configuration/code for PLC and HMI systems.
- Commission PLC/HMI/SCADA systems & execute test protocols.
- Ability to read and understand (not write/draw) electrical schematics, P&IDs, IO Lists.
- Experience with industrial sensors, actuators and control equipment.
- Ability to work within a team and lead the control system configuration and software development with low level of supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Proactive, positive, energetic and self-motivated.
- Control systems experience in Siemens WinCC Professional, Rockwell Studio5000 & FT View ME/SE, and Beckhoff TwinCAT3.
- Experience with communication protocols such as Ethernet/IP, CANopen, EtherCAT, Modbus TCP/IP.
- Experience with motion control systems.
- Experience interfacing with safety systems.
What's on Offer
- Immediate start
- Work with an industry leading company that admires initiative and nurtures talent
- Collaborate with highly skilled professional engineers and management personnel.
- Exciting projects to boost your portfolio and advance your career
Please click 'Apply' below or call Jamie Macdonald on 03 8640 3138.