Corporate Communications Manager
World leader in their industry, present in 130 countries
Melbourne CBD location
About Our Client
Our client is a world leader within their industry. Present in 130 countries on five continents, with over 25 international brands. Our client is focused on sustainability and ethical sourcing, and has reduced emissions by approx. 50% since 2005.
- Establish a best in class press office integrated across platforms and channels, developing corporate narrative and messaging for the Group, divisions and business units.
- Formulate and own the development and execution of proactive corporate PR and campaigns
- Generate compelling news stories for a wide range of corporate media, maximising a number of media channels and platforms.
- Create engaging specific content for owned channels (website and Twitter, senior leader LinkedIn)
- Build and own relationships with key journalists, commentators and influencers to maintain the reputation of the organisation, ensuring that views are sought and recognised, driving favourable coverage and commentary
- Plan and implement a full programme of business leadership activities, work collaboratively with multiple teams, business units and senior leaders to identify external reputation building opportunities
- Act as a trusted counsellor to business stakeholders, identifying proactive reputation building opportunities and ensuring that they are appropriately supported and prepared for media activity and other external engagements.
- Support the Head of Corporate Communication on issues mapping and monitoring using internal tools and resources, to anticipate and plan for responses to emerging industry and corporate governance topics that could affect the reputation of the business.
- Support and deputise for the Head of Corporate Communications on issues and crisis management by working to prepare replies as needed and/or directly managing issue conversation.
The Successful Applicant
- Established experience in corporate communications, ideally gained in a leading global or ASX listed company
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills. Outstanding ability to develop engaging, audience-specific narrative, messaging and content across a range of subject areas, with speed and accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail, developing creative and accurate written, digital and face to face communications content
- Proven track record in deploying messaging in the most effective way using an optimal mix of available channels on a limited budget. Experience analysing, recommending and introducing best practices to drive best in class external communication.
- Strong media network with a proven track record in directly securing top tier media coverage
- Corporate content creation experience, knowledge of the Adobe creative suite
- Strong prioritisation skills, able to balance multiple projects at any one time
- Ability to establish, exploit and influence effective networks at all levels - excellent relationship building skills.
- An ability to move effortlessly between strategy, implementation and tactical opportunities.
- Ability to rapidly digest and distil complex issues, formulate strategy / responses and execute to a high standard, and with sound judgmentjudgment in order to act as reputationalreputational advisor to business stakeholders.
- Confident, persuasive individual who is comfortable dealing with stakeholders across all levels in the business.
- Highly motivated with a bias for action, you enjoy working at pace and are a discreet, trusted advisor.
- Great team player with positive and enthusiastic approach.
What's on Offer
Strong Culture of high performers, Dynamic working, Breakfast, Car parking, product discounts