Corporate Counsel ANZ - Global Tech Company! (6-8years)
Exciting new growth opportunity in a close-knit team
Diverse role repsonsible for the ANZ region!
About Our Client
Our client is a global IT service provider and assists a full range of private and public, government enterprises world-wide.
Due to increasing demand across the Australia and New Zealand region in particular, they are are seeking an additional Legal Counsel to join their close-knit team based in Sydney.
Reporting directly to the General Counsel for APAC, you will assist in protecting the Company's legal interests and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law. Core responsibilities will include;
- Reviewing commercial agreements such as Master Service Agreements, Alliance Agreements, License Agreements and other agreements relevant to the business of an Information Technology service provider, including the management and approval of drafting & review of such agreements by junior counsel;
- Participating in negotiations with customers and vendors across Australia and New Zealand and ensuring conformance with internal contracting/escalation requirements and risk mitigation requirements; managing and controlling the internal escalation and approval procedures
- Creating and maintaining standard contract forms and adapting contracts to local laws in the region
- Analysing legal issues and issues related to commercial risks, and presenting clear recommendations, and assuring legal compliance.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate:
- A solicitor admitted to practice in NSW with, ideally, a minimum of 6 year's PQE from a reputable firm or in-house team.
- Prior knowledge and understanding of the IT industry and particular expertise in the areas of software and cloud-management.
- Strong transactional drafting and communication skills;
- Prior experience in independently handling a variety of high-value transactions; and
- Good general management skills, particularly management of legal workflow.
In addition, you must also:
- Be able to demonstrate/show examples of solutions provided to complex commercial and legal issues;
- Have prior experience in providing legal advice to influence decisions at senior management levels;
- Be a team player;
- Have strong and effective communication skills;
- Be constantly involved in learning and innovation processes within the organisation and the department;
- Have the ability to analyse and apply logical reasoning while addressing issues;
- Solid organisational and time management skills; and
- Have the ability to build collaborative partnerships within different teams, including the ability to network within the organisation and outside in order to add value to the legal department's functionality.
What's on Offer
Fantastic new role in a growing in-house team for a global tech company!
A competitive salary plus a bonus component and genuine work/life balance.
Please contact MARIA CURTIS on 02 8292 2238 for a confidentail discussion or send your CV across to mariacurtis @ michaelpage. com. au ASAP!