Cost Accountant - FMCG
About Our Client
Our client is part of a well-known food manufacturing brand with expanding operations across Melbourne. Due to a period of substantial growth the team is looking to add a junior Cost Accountant to their finance team. With newly developed and implemented systems and procedures this role is suited to a systems savvy, engaged and dedicated accountant looking to consolidate their career in manufacturing and finance. There is a clear organisational focus around organic growth and development which has fostered a unique working environment. This is an exciting opportunity to grow and develop within a recognisable and expanding brand.
As the Cost Accountant your roles will include; but not be limited to:
- Inventory stock take
- updating standard cost of Bill of Materials
- reviewing standard costs for discrepancies or inaccuracies
- Undertake margin analysis
- Analyse capital budgeting
- Reporting on product costing & profitability of product lines
- Reporting and analysing variances between actual and budget
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting
- Managing the end to end accounts receivable process
- Assisting with month end reporting such as KPIs, Energy and efficiency reports
- Ad hoc reporting as required
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Qualified with a relevant tertiary degree.
- Part way to fully certified with CPA or CA Australia.
- 3+ Years of experience working in a similar costing or manufacturing role.
- Experience working in manufacturing is highly regarded.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel Skills are important to the role.
- Exemplary communication skills are essential to the role.
- Experience working on fully implemented large ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle are preferable
What's on Offer
- Competitive remuneration
- Permanent opportunity
- Exposure to senior stakeholders
- Working with an established brand