Cost Accountant - Growing Business
About Our Client
Our client is part of a well-known food manufacturing brand recognised across the nation. With expanding operations here in Melbourne they are looking for a confident Cost Accountant to take on an expanding role within a high performing team. Our client is targeting professionals to take ownership of reporting around; cost analysis, forecasting and budgeting, product costing and commentaries surrounding intercompany data. There is a clear organisational focus around organic growth and development which has fostered a unique working environment. This is an exciting opportunity to grow and develop within a recognisable and expanding brand.
As the Cost Accountant your roles will include; but not be limited to:
- Inventory stock take
- updating standard cost of Bill of Materials
- reviewing standard costs for discrepancies or inaccuracies
- Validate cost of goods old
- Undertake margin analysis
- Analyse capital budgeting
- Reporting on product costing & profitability of product lines
- Reporting on break even points with products
- Reporting and analysing variances between actual and budget
- Reporting and comparing performance
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting
- Ad hoc reporting as required
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Qualified with a relevant tertiary degree.
- Part way to fully certified with CPA or CA Australia.
- 3+ Years of experience working in a similar costing role.
- Experience working in manufacturing is desirable.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel Skills are important to the role.
- Exemplary communication skills are essential to the role.
- Experience working on fully implemented large ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle are preferable.
What's on Offer
- Competitive remuneration
- Permanent opportunity
- Exposure to senior stakeholders
- Working with an established brand