Cyber Security Architect
Western Suburbs Brisbane
AU$600 - AU$900 per day (AU$155,988 - AU$233,982)
3 months contract
Possibility to extension
About Our Client
Our client is a prominent Queensland Government looking for Cyber security specialist in Melbourne
- Provide Information Technology (IT) security systems architecture expertise, consultancy and guidance on the design, development, evaluation and oversee the implementation of network and computer and Identity and Access Management security in accordance with the department's enterprise architecture principles, patterns, guidelines and standards as they relate to the department's business systems.
- Responsible for the Information Technology (IT) security architecture.
- Lead the design, development, evaluation and oversee the implementation of network and computer security for client and oversee the Project Delivery team in delivering major ICT projects ensuring they are secure and aligned to our client's strategic direction and by providing leadership and guidance to a high‐performing team which includes cyber security practitioners.
- Provision of high level network monitoring and complex troubleshooting activities to analyses all layers of the network and Application logs to support current and future initiatives and departmental strategies.
- The Cyber Security Architect reports to the Director, Portfolio and Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Digital Transformation, Information and Technology Branch, Corporate Services Division.
- Develop compliant Security Architecture for complex systems ensuring consistency with specified requirements.
- Examine and provide specialist advice on the impacts of new technologies on the department's overall information security and implications.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements
- Implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures.
- Assess, evaluate and make recommendations to management regarding the adequacy of the security controls
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors and outside consultants as appropriate on required security assessments and audits.
- Participate in cyber security governance committees.
The Successful Applicant
- Understanding of applied business and security frameworks architecture and the mapping of attributes that determine the needs for the appropriate levels of security for a large complex enterprise.
- Experience with researching information security standards
- Conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of IT architecture/platforms and prepare cost estimates ensuring the buy in from stakeholders
- Certification in, or applied knowledge of SABSA framework Desirable
What's on Offer
- Extension possibility
- Great Work location