Cyber Security Threat Intelligence Officer
Ongoing Permanent Position
Enjoy APS benefits and entitlements
About Our Client
The Client is one of the legislative branches of the Australian Federal Government and is looking to grow their IT Cyber Security Operations Centre (CSOC) information services division in with a Cyber Security Threat Intelligence Officer in Canberra.
- Coordinate and complete threat modelling activities to identify the main threat types facing the organisation and outlining the tools, techniques and procedures likely to be used by the associated threat groups.
- Providing a point of escalation for CSOC analysts for incidents identified as being relevant from a wider threat intelligence perspective, or where additional intelligence analysis is required to address an incident.
- Producing threat intelligence reports and briefings as required for a variety of possible audiences, including senior management and external partners.
- IT Knowledge of phishing, malware, hacktivism, OPSEC, OSINT and IOCs.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of the Australian Government Information Security Manual (ISM)
- Qualifications and experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Microsoft operating systems,
- Unix and/or Linux,
- Network communications infrastructure (e.g. routers, switches and communications equipment relevant in a large LAN) and TCP/IP and the OSI model.
- Cloud security practices, specifically Microsoft Azure and/or Office 365.
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM) systems
- Firewall technologies
- Endpoint security tools
- Malware analysis
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work you will have the opportunity to take your career as a Cyber Security Threat Intelligence Officer to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Immediate start
- Excellent salary package
- Great location in Canberra