Tier 1 Company
Great exposure to 'Big Data' technologies
About Our Client
The client is a large scale miner upgrading a number of their internal business processes to keep themselves on the cutting edge of innovation.
The client practices great working culture and flexibility when needed and is an excellent environment to further develop your skills as well as a great place to flex some previously gained knowledge
The role is primarily working on a large scale data migration. you will be working to do the following:
- Gather requirements and liaise with technical and non technical stakeholders
- Conduct code reviews of piers work.
- Be technical in development with Spark, Kafka and Hadoop in a Java Environment.
- Conduct systems and data testing as required.
- Take part in stand-ups and sprints as per an agile environment.
- Work with junior co-workers as required.
- Advise on changes to structures and services as required.
The Successful Applicant
What you will need to be successful in this position:
- Previous experience in Spark
- Previous experience in Kafka
- Proven commercial development with Scala, Python or R.
- Proven Enterprise development with Java (12 preferred)
- Good Communication Skills
- Experience with SQL Databases
- Previous working with 'Big Data' or enterprise level data structures.
- Experience in a mining environment is favourable.
What's on Offer
This is a project based contract starting at 6 months with the view to extension based on performance and scope of work.
As a contractor of Page Group you receive:
- Constant support from our global team
- Discounts on services such as healthcare, gym memberships, holidays and more!
- Weekly pay.