Design and Develop intelligent and automated platforms
Join a growing team!
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational digital brand, continuing to build their digital arm here in the Canberra region. They focus on delivering world class digital solutions using data and human insights.
As a Data Engineer, your day to day will involve
- Developing and deploying new solutions to clients, as a response to varying business requirements or desired outcomes
- Provide expert advice and employ best proactive delivery and development methods for data driven solutions
- Delivering new platforms using a variety of data and digital technologies and integration
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team of specialists to deliver technical outcomes
The Successful Applicant
The desired Data Engineer will have:
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice solution development and implementation methods
- Prior exposure working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of architecting and engineering cloud-based data solutions with any of the following products: AWS Redshift/RDS, S3, EC2, Lambda, EMR, Glue, DynamoDB, Cloudformation, Athena, Kinesis - or equivalents in Azure or Google Cloud Platform, with a particular focus on serverless backend development and integration
- Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark Streaming, Storm, NiFi, HBase, Hive, MapReduce, Pig, Zepplin, Kafka, Ranger, Ambari.
- Programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala, MatLab, SAS, R.
- SQL-based technologies (e.g. PostgreSQL and MySQL) and NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra and MongoDB)
- Data warehousing solutions and data modelling tools (e.g. ERWin, Enterprise Architect and Visio)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Due to the nature of the work, the ability to hold and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance is mandatory
What's on Offer
On offer for your hard work you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level in an energetic and fast-paced team. Also on offer are the following:
- Great IT training and development
- Competitive salary package
- Great Canberra location
How to contact us
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you please contact us via email or phone.
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skillset however would like to have a confidential discussion on your career please get in touch.