Fantastic opportunity for a talented DBA
Ideally located in Sydney
About Our Client
My client is seeking to appoint a Database Administrator. They value professional services staff who demonstrate a positive and proactive approach to their work and have a willingness to participate fully in the life of the School. My client looks for enthusiastic, dedicated and capable staff who demonstrate initiative, good humour, and professional behaviour and support the values and aims of the School as a global learning community.
You will assist in ensuring that IT support is available for the School's learning and support operations. The Database Administrator (Synergetic) will work within the IT team to support our School Management System in order to meet the School's current and future educational and business objectives. The Database Administrator (Synergetic) acts in a professional manner at all times, maintains an open and effective communication style and has a commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to the School community through regular improvement activities.
Indications that this job is being done successfully would include:
- Provide effective management of the School's data management system (Synergetic) on a day-to-day basis to obtain maximum availability, performance and a timely resolution of any issues
- Actively manage and develop application, integration and configuration of the database
- Generate data extraction/queries, SQL tables and reports to provide efficient data exchange
- Develop, update and maintain existing processes and procedures relating to the database
- Create Crystal Reports and work with SQL queries in Excel to assist in the effective delivery of School data
- Work with the Dean of Academic Studies and Director of Data Analytics & Student Improvement in preparing for reporting periods
- Assist the Head of Academic Administration with maintaining links between the timetable and Synergetic
- Share information and knowledge across the ICT team, to determine the needs and improve the delivery of all systems to various users
- Undertake specific Project Management tasks using high attention to detail, technical excellence and well developed organisational skills
- Develop, present and lead technical and end-user training for Teaching and Professional Services staff
- Carry out other duties as appropriate and as directed by the Director of Information Technology.
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience
- A minimum of three years' experience in a similar role is essential, with strong understanding of database structures, software development practices and implementation processes
- Experience with Synergetic is not required. Any experience with a School Management System or equivalent will be highly regarded
- Tertiary qualifications (Certificate IV, Diploma or Degree) in Information Technology or related area
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SQL, including writing queries and stored procedures
- Experience with Crystal Reports, or a similar reporting platform such as SSRS
- Experience in effectively gathering and documenting user requirements and training end users
- NSW Working with Children Check
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to work accurately and methodically with attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills
- Evidence of and commitment to continuing professional development
- Ability to work with all within the School community (parents, students and staff)
- A sense of humour.
What's on Offer
On offer is a permanent role for a DBA to join a good team with young people in a beautiful school.