DC Manager - 3PL
Immediate start available
About Our Client
Our client is a 3PL provider operating on a global scale. With a new state of the art Distribution Centre in the West, they are in great position to continue growth following the acquisition of several new key clients.
The DC Manager will report to the National Operations Manager, and take ownership of the DC P&L. Key responsibilities include the day to day efficient running of the DC as well as:
- Identifying and implementing CI initiatives
- Development of warehouse supervisors to drive a Lean culture
- Achieving financial objectives in line with annual budget
- Develop KPI reporting to maximise operational output
- Run toolbox meetings
- Visiting customers to monitor the quality of service
- Ensure inventory accuracy by conducting cycle counts
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience in managing a large DC with 50+ staff, in a fast paced environment. You will also have solid Lean experience and a resume that highlights tangible achievements in this area. The following will also be required:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to react quickly to customer demands
- Ability to act autonomously
- Prior experience in setting up DC's including traffic management and layout
- Strong leadership qualities
- Previous experience in FMCG
What's on Offer
This is a permanent opportunity for a strong DC manager to join a reputable global 3PL provider, and lead their growth within a new facility.
There is potential for the right candidate to start either immediately or post Christmas.