Debt Recovery Solicitor (2+)
Act on behalf of one of Australia's Big4 Banks
About Our Client
Our client is a national and highly-regarded outsourcing practice which specialises in end to end mortgage processing on behalf of a wide range of clients from mortgage brokers, financial advisers and law firms to major financial institutions, including Australia's Big 4 banks.
Our client looks after everything from the initial mortgage processing to property presenting, collection and debt recovery, as well as providing general ancillary support services to mortgage brokers, financial advisers and the like across Australia.
Their national, mortgage default recovery service has been developed to meet lenders' objectives and significantly increase borrower and lender contact much earlier in the debt cycle. Services provided may include:-
- preparation of Default/Statutory Notices for all jurisdictions
- service of Default Notices by professional process servers and/or, service by mail
- service details, property photographs, affidavits and invoices made quickly and available online
- service attendance expanded into Property/Occupancy reporting, providing valuable information on the status of the property.
Our client has just secured a brand new outsourcing contract with one of Australia's Big4 Banks!
They will now be responsible for managing the bank's entire mortgage recoveries cycles, including all dealings with panel suppliers, the Mortgage Insurer, the agency agreement and the contracts for sale following possession.
As a result, they are looking for a debt recovery solicitor with a thorough understanding of the relevant banking regulatory frameworks around the mortgage recoveries cycle, to manage this new and exciting contract!
You will need to ensure that all work carried out under the contract is completed efficiently and in a timely manner, compliant with all internal/external policies.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will, ideally, be an admitted solicitor with at least 2 years experience in recoveries litigation or be able to demonstrate a strong background in mortgage collections/recoveries for some of Australia's major financial institutions. Key requirements will include:-
- Ideally, a solicitor with an Australian Practicing Certificate or a law or other relevant tertiary degree in a related field
- Ability to demonstrate a solid background in managing the mortgage/possession recoveries cycle
- A thorough, legal understanding and interpretation of mortgage and other lending practices and regulatory framework;
- A confident communicator with the ability to interact with varying levels of seniority within and outside the business;
- An ability to manage others and capable of overseeing the day to day activities and work-flow of a small team of direct reports, as well as a host of external contractors.
- have experience developing/maintaining compliance and regulatory related policies; and
- have a history of solid tenure at previous employers.
What's on Offer
- A fresh and exciting opportunity to manage your very own outsourcing contract for one of Australia's largest financial institutions.
- Potential to grow and develop your own team.
- Competitive salary based on knowledge and experience.
- A genuine work/life balance.
- A collaborative working environment where senior management is committed to ensuring the well-being of all at the organisation.
If you are interested in applying, please give me a call on 02 8292 2238 for a confidential discussion or send your CV and Academic Transcripts to mariacurtis @ michaelpage .com .au