Be a part of a growing global business
Brand new position
About Our Client
Hendrickson is a leading global suspension manufacturer who are renowned for their high quality products and service. Due to sustained growth across the business, Hendrickson are looking to add an experienced Design Engineer to their Design team located at the Asia Pacific Head Office based in Dandenong South.
The main purpose of this role is to create and issue designs, drawings, specifications, and parts lists to support production programs and new product development activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain part, assembly, and general arrangement drawings
- Undertake stress analysis using FEA and classical techniques
- Manage the technical aspects of new product development programs including collaboration with other departments and international Hendrickson divisions
- Create engineering soft deliverables in line with internal Quality Management System, including; failure modes and effects analysis, design validation plan, and product design specifications
- Support bill of material and documentation release work for internal and external customers
- Drive improvements in design and documentation through internal and external systems
- Support prototype, pilot, and start of production builds at customer plants
- Provide direct technical support to internal and external customers
- Undertake detailed investigations on warranty claims and/or component failures and resolve utilizing internal and external resources.
The Successful Applicant
Key skills and experience include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years professional engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in the design of fabricated, cast and forged metal products
- Stress analysis experience
- Experience using CREO preferred
- Ability to explain technical issues in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Ability to demonstrate the highest standards of customer service
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to drive issues to resolution
- Excellent project management skills
- Sound knowledge of the global Automotive & Commercial Vehicle market
What's on Offer
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a market leading manufacturer. An attractive salary package is also on offer for the successful candidate.