Design Manager - Mechanical
Scope to innovate and develop product
About Our Client
Our client is passionate about shaping the spaces in which people live, work and play. With headquarters in Sydney Australia and subsidiaries in the UK and USA, they are recognised by architects worldwide as a leading design and manufacturing company.
Their Engineering department continues to bring a strong design element to the business, developing and testing ground breaking concepts that continue to be at the forefront of the industry. Brio are looking to strengthen their existing R&D team with the recruitment of an experienced and passionate Manager.
As the Design Manager you will report through to the GM of Australia and have responsibility for their entire Design Program. This role will involve the leadership and development of junior team members as well as key internal and external stakeholder engagement. Critical to the success of this role will be the running of projects as an individual and as a team leader which includes:
- Managing the company's R&D program by performing Project and Team management.
- Facilitating New Product Development (NPD) for Australia, USA, UK and NZ.
- Delivering new products with competitiveness, improved performance, maximized profitability and innovation edge.
- Delivering projects as an individual and as a team leader.
- Establish effective, creative and professional domain.
- Benchmarking competitor products
- Concept analysis
- Prototyping for spacial analysis and initial testing
- Costing analysis
- Controlling technical drawings
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you will have a demonstrable track record as an Design Manager whilst still maintaining a hands on approach and attitude. You will have experience:
- Personally running product development projects from concept through to completion
- Managing a team of engineers through the delegation of tasks and responsibilities as well as oversee their professional training and development.
- Provide Technical support and advice to internal and external stakeholders such as Sales, Marketing and Production.
- Controlling the testing schedule and the company's testing facilities
- Ensuring the design department meets the company's Quality Management System in accordance with ISO standards
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to take the lead in developing and growing the company's design department taking it to the next level.