Desktop Support Officer
Leading professional services firm utilising the latest technology
Wide scope of technical responsibilities and autonomy
About Our Client
Our client is a Professional Services organisation who provide a variety of services across their sector. Our client has had a record year for 2020 with strong growth in the market. They are looking to continue their stronghold with acquisitions and investing in areas such as IT.
The key responsibilities for the role include;
- Implement changes to improve the EUC environment across a variety of areas.
- Manage, record and report tickets/request in the IT helpdesk system.
- Building/configuring end user devices (laptops, desktops, mobile phones).
- Active Directory Administration (User/Group creation and password resets).
- Offer advice and guidance to our user community on EUC tools and promote their use to improve personal productivity across the organisation. (eg Sharepoint, Teams, Excel).
- Software installation/licensing.
- Provide support to sites, including assisting with key events requiring technology (e.g. Town Halls).
- Contribute to team meetings.
- Give advice and support to team members.
- Work closely with other relationship holders, senior managers and knowledge managers.
- Identify and agreeing personal development needs.
- Take actions to address your personal development needs - being pro-active.
- Keep up to date with product/service developments.
- Develop technical skills
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should display the following attributes;
- Strong experience in IT desktop/EUC role.
- Strong communication skills, along with troubleshooting, problem-solving and technical skills.
- Deep knowledge of SCCM, the console UI and its operation and use specific to deployment of tools, applications, and software builds.
- Sound Networking knowledge of DNS/DHCPTCP/IP, networking and basic firewall knowledge.
- Extensive hands-on experience specifying/configuring/troubleshooting user and customer issues in a changing Windows Desktop and Server environment.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment.
- Proven ability to independently plan, organise and prioritise one's own activities.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be part of a close-knit team. You will be encouraged to drive technologies in the workplace, providing excellent customer service with a drive for a first-time solution. You will be encouraged to push yourself with new learning and development opportunities.