About Our Client
Our client is a leading provider of education and training in Australia, providing learning solutions to over 45,000 professionals yearly.
- Provide timely and effective Service Desk support to staff.
- Escalate incidents to the appropriate internal and external teams when necessary.
- Conduct business impact assessments and assign appropriate priority to Incidents.
- Ensure that all Incidents, Service Requests and enquiries are logged in the Service Desk ticketing system.
- Ensure calls are resolved/followed up in accordance with SLAs and customer expectations are managed.
- Perform first level Service Desk analysis, troubleshooting and attempt to fix-on-first, before escalation.
- Create and maintain user access as required.
- Research and prepare reports on ad-hoc topics as instructed. Assist with IT projects as and when required.
- Identify trends and advise peers and IT Operations Manager of recurring Incidents or user enquiries.
- Discuss problems with peers to ensure most appropriate solution and escalation path.
- Promote the effective use of the Service Desk and other technology services.
- Routine maintenance of all PCs, laptops, printers and other peripherals as per the schedule.
- Maintain the inventory list of all computers and peripherals.
- Ensure as far as is practicable that the workplace, under your control, is safe and without risks to health.
- Being a productive member of the team by displaying the Company values through your day to day role.
- Adherence to Company Policy and Procedure.
The Successful Applicant
- Formal qualifications in computing or a business discipline with at least 2 years' service desk experience, demonstrating excellent analysis and problem assessment skills.
- Strong understanding, skills and hands-on experience supporting PC hardware set-up and configuration, Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Citrix and virtual technologies, LAN/WAN environments, VoIP and mobile telephony, MS Hyper-V and MS System Center.
- Strong customer service skills, incorporating excellent telephone manner, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, and the ability to work unsupervised, prioritise work flows and meeting strict deadlines.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail with the ability to identify the requirement and subsequently document processes as necessary, with a predilection for the production and maintenance of high quality documentation.
- Demonstrated experience with call-logging systems and databases.
- Current knowledge of IT standards and emerging technologies.
- Ability to carry out physical requirements of the role; lifting of boxes or moving of hardware (PCs and monitors) as required.
What's on Offer
This is a permanent role in a leading organsation based in the CBD.
Please apply via the link. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.