Development Team Lead
Modern tech stack including Golang and Vue.js
Flexible work arrangements
About Our Client
Within the entertainment and leisure industry, this organisation is renowned for utilising technology for creating great products. Now, as they business continues to grow off the back of a successful 2020, they are looking to bolster their Leadership group with a number of new Technical Team Leads.
Looking after a headcount of between 3-7 Developers, the ultimate focus of the Development Team Lead is to enable efficiency and successful outcomes in their team.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Working with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototype, design and implement/update solutions.
- Facilitate and participate in discussions on deliverables, estimates and commitments and develop using latest technologies.
- Coach, develop and manage the team to establish its purpose, roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Lead technical planning, designing, coding and testing.
- Ensure all project documentation is complete, accurate, and current for new or modified modules/applications.
- Frequent prioritisation decisions based on complexity, time to resolve, and impact to the business.
- Ensure and monitor product technical excellence and consistent high quality.
- Contribute to the technical roadmap with ideas and opportunities for improvements.
- Develop, maintain, troubleshoot, enhance and document components developed by self and others as per the requirements and detailed design.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance regarding programming/system related issues.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experience required for this role includes:
- A strong desire to lead people and coach them to problem solve, manage stakeholder expectations and deliver their projects.
- Experience in a Lead programmer or Team lead position with the ability to lead, coach and guide a team of developers.
- Comfortable working with Vue.js and Golang - whether this be a willingness to learn, or that you already possess these skills.
- In the absence of the above, strong skills in similar back-end (e.g. Java, C# or C++) and front-end (React, Angular, ES6) technologies would be required.
- Design and implementation experience with RESTful web services.
- Proactive work ethic & reliable at incident resolution where required.
- Kubernetes orchestration experience, or understanding of Docker and containerised applications.
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services, including Infrastructure as code solutions (Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Experience with Kafka, Kinesis, NATS or other stream handling solutions.
- Experience with UI automation tooling.
- Understanding of DevOps principles.
- Understanding of general concepts of microservices vs service-oriented architectures.
What's on Offer
- Flexible working hours and up to 3 days per week working from home.
- 'Dress for your day' dress code.
- Brisbane CBD fringe office location, close to various public transport options.
- Onsite barista and free coffee during business hours!
- Highly collaborative, supportive and open-minded team culture.
- Excellent ongoing learning and development opportunities, including access to courses on Udemy and Oracle Learn.
- Multiple positions available within Product Development and Incident Response streams.