Digital and Data Transformation Lead
Conveniently located in Melbourne's Eastern Suburbs.
Unique opportunity to re-shape the digital program of this organisation.
About Our Client
Be part of a professional organisation incorporating leading edge thinking and practices. Work for a culture with a firm belief in developing shared leadership capabilities that is committed to ongoing learning and development for everyone.
With 150,000 people and spanning an area of almost 2,500sq kms that covers both an urban and rural landscape, Yarra Ranges Council is the largest municipality by area in Melbourne. Their offices are accessible for anyone travelling from the northern, eastern and south-eastern suburbs, by car or public transport. The office facilities are only a 15 minute drive from Eastlink in Ringwood or a 10 minute walk from Lilydale railway station.
The exciting and unique nature of this position provides a wealth of opportunities for both the short and long term, and every project you work on will enhance your skills and capabilities. The diverse and dynamic nature of Yarra Ranges mean that you will tackle a range of complex and outcome-focused projects.
The successful application for this role will live and breathe "Digital" while also having the technical and data-driven skillset to shape and lead the wider digital strategy and data governance standards and connections. Ideally you will have a strong IT foundation, understand the human element of digital change, as well as hands-on transformational experience within a complex organization.
Reporting into the Manager of Innovation and Performance, this purpose of this position is to drive the development and execution of an organically structured digital transformation and data program.
The successful applicant will be required to plan and leverage the role of digital data to release knowledge embedded within organisational systems, influence leader decision making, and improve overall business performance through adaptation of digital thinking, from a customer-driven perspective. At the very heart of this role is a customer-centric mind-set, and the ability to change the digital landscape of the organisation with sustainable, and effective evolution.
The end result of this strategic transformation will be a contemporary, customer-driven digital strategy and roadmap, and a launch-pad to lead innovative business thinking throughout the organisation through the application customer data and insight.
Key responsibilities delegated to this role are expected to achieve one or all of the following:
- Lead the development and implementation of an overarching digital strategy and road-map in line with internal goals and industry standards
- Project manage complex organisational-wide digital projects responsible for achieving the successful delivery of key digital transformation objectives
- Draws upon organisational resources, industry research, DTO and other industry leading standards, including data governance standards, and customer trends to prioritise improvements
- Drive organisation-wide change from the ground up, with respect to digital standards and data governance.
- Improve the capture, organisation, access and management of data across the organisation, to ensure consistency, accessibility, universal understanding, and accurate interpretation
- Work collaboratively with others to implement and accept change in work systems or processes, and to better understand opportunities for digital application and embrace these opportunities
- Identify opportunities and initiate action to improve systems and processes to achieve digital best practice standards, and to actively transition such services to digital first solutions
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will come with most, if not all of the below characteristics:
- Degree qualified
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in digital strategy development and execution
- Critical knowledge of data strategy and how this enables digital
- Experience in project management tools and methodology
- Experience in data integrity frameworks, and the application of data standards
- Experience in successfully influencing organisational culture change
- High level understanding of consumer digital and mobility trends, including how to influence customer and employee behaviours towards the adoption of digital channels
- Demonstrated experience in co designing digital solutions with key stakeholders, awareness of digital customer engagement techniques and success measurement
What's on Offer
This role will ultimately appeal to a passionate digital professional that is eager to get their hands dirty, and is looking for their next challenging career opportunity.
Offering an attractive salary, a collaborative environment, and the chance to leave a significant footprint within a business that's ready to catapult its digital capacity into a modern and effective part of the business.
Apply below to be a part of this unique and incredibly exciting opportunity.