Digital Data Manager
Exceptional on going opportunity within the health space
Take initiative in a customer focused and direction setting role
About Our Client
My client, Western NSW Primary Health Network is looking for someone to oversee the population health planning and data analysis. Information systems responsibilities will include policy development for the Executive Leadership Team. The role will assist in developing key data sharing and digital health information that is related to projects. Working closely with strategic partnerships and with the whole region this position will be key in dashboard design and informing the Board. Reporting into the Executive Manager Strategy, Engagement & Performance you will work closely with health professionals and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the Data Program to contribute to improving health care and its outcomes
- Provide data reports on the regional priority areas to identify areas of need, so that local solutions are implemented.
- Develop and implement strategic data management, data governance policies and privacy and security protocols.
- Identify and manage potential risks; and develop mitigation strategies.
- Lead the development and implementation of new procedures to collect and source datasets for national and state level data linkage activities.
- Work with stakeholders to guarantee quality data collection processes and data analysis needs including development of tailored analytics solutions to meet identified needs.
- providing timely and accurate reports, briefs and presentations to key committees and steering groups.
- Project management in program development and execution.
- Support reporting of organisational-level indicators of performance and quality.
- Participate and Contribute to the planning and operational decision making.
- Prepare and Provide reports to management and the Board as required.
- Management of the data budget for the team .
- Collect, collate, record, analyse and present data to inform PHN planning, priorities and processes. Undertake complex analysis and investigations into key issues, risks and trends impacting on achieving imperatives and goals.
- Prepare high quality deliverables including reports which support program evaluation, provide expert and authoritative advice and recommendations, applying multiple formats according to stakeholder needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Post-graduate qualification in a Public Health, Health Informatics or other related area with significant experience in information systems establishment, information architecture and data analysis.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar position of professional responsibility and accountability.
- Significant stakeholder engagement and management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in leading the development and implementation of data strategy and data governance structures
- Demonstrated ability to deal with concepts and complexity while using advanced analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A proactive leader and who is self-starting, seizes opportunities and acts upon them
- High level attention to detail and time management skills including the ability to prioritise
- Ability to be adaptable and open to new ideas.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant statutory legislation and the ability to interpret and provide advice on the same.
- Substantial experience in the use of one or more data analysis systems and software, such as SQL, R, Python, GIS tool (ESRI or Other), visualisation tools such as Power BI, Qlik and SQL for the storage, analysis and presentation of quantitative data.
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyse statistical data and identify features, trends and appropriate strategies.
- Formal training and/or a sound working knowledge of statistical methods and substantial experience and demonstrated ability in data collection, extraction, specification, modelling, analysis, interpretation, presentation and reporting, particularly of large and complex data sets
- Demonstrated experience of the health care environment and the principles of data management and governance, ethics and privacy including the appropriate release and use health data and information.
- Demonstrated experience in data extraction, data visualization, or the use of CRM or business intelligence tools to support quality improvement and performance management activities
- Demonstrated user support or group training experience ideally within a health service context
What's on Offer
Whats on offer
- have a positive impact on NSW
- enjoy what Rural NSW has to offer
- Start immediately, generous salary on offer