Director, Financial Reporting | Federal Government | Canberra
Well regarded federal agency with a high performance work culture
Technical role managing a large team in financial statements and reporting
About Our Client
Reporting into an experienced leader you will form part of a smaller team within this large agency.
This team is expected to deliver accurate work within the set deadlines and would best suit someone from a similarly fast-paced environment such as a Big 4 audit firm.
As Director, Financial Reporting, you will be responsible for the following:
- Delivering the department's Administered and Departmental Financial Statements (in accordance with the annual and monthly schedule).
- Preparing the department for upcoming changes to AASB standards (as relevant).
- Proactively engaging with business teams impacted by areas of audit focus to influence management actions.
- Developing the team's understanding of business activities to ensure currency of asset values.
- Updating and communicating accounting position papers to reflect accounting treatment of business activities.
- Managing the financial statements as an annual project and acting as the point of contact for financial statements deliverable.
- Actively managing relationships with external providers
- Managing the internal capital budgeting processes and preparation of associated papers to the Department's Governance Committees.
You will report into an experienced leader who brings a collaborative management style and mentoring that will create an environment where you have the opportunity to grow and develop your skills.
The Successful Applicant
CA / CPA qualified with at least 3-5 years experience at a senior management level within preferably a Big 4 audit firm. You will be experienced in financial statement preparation, financial reporting and have sound knowledge of the Australian Accounting Standards.
You will co-manage a team of 17 and offer mentoring to 5 EL1 staff. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a large team within the area of financial statement preparation.
This role also requires someone with excellent interpersonal skills and strong stakeholder management experience to ensure key collaboration takes place at all levels.
What's on Offer
With a working culture that is intentional about diversity & inclusion, this agency has worked hard to develop an environment that is collaborative and personable, giving you the opportunity to apply your skills and expertise in a supportive team.
This role is offered on an initial contract basis with a strong possibility for permanency. Secondment options available for current APS employees.
A current government security clearance or the eligibility to obtain one is a requirement for this role.