Director, Scientific Affairs
Senior Leadership Position
About Our Client
Our client is a leading biopharmaceutical organisation based in Melbourne's inner suburbs who specialise in advanced treatments and skin care products. Due to growth within the business, they are looking for an experienced Director, Scientific Affairs to oversee research operations and execute its clinical drug development strategy.
The Director, Scientific Affairs will have a full-time leadership role, working in conjunction with Executive team to propose and co-ordinate agreed strategies for the development of the company.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Plan, initiate, direct and execute the company's scientific research
- Develop the research portfolio, defining the research strategy and priorities
- Manage the scientific teams, delivering the company's research and development work
- Manage budgets for scientific projects
- Establish and nurture links with professional and regulatory bodies and commercial organisations
- Evaluate in/out licensing opportunities and perform technical due diligence associated with acquistions and co-development agreements
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrated experience in Pharmaceutical R&D
- Thorough understanding of ICH Good Clinical Practice, clinical trial monitoring, regulatory compliance and statistical reporting
- Senior leadership experience in human clinical research in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of scientific methods, research design and medical practices and procedures through human medical research studies
- PhD/PharmD with biological sciences training highly desired
- Strong ability to influence
- Strong people management skills
What's on Offer
Immediate start and highly competitive package.