Domain Data Architect- Financial Services
Leading financial services institution
Opportunity to gain exposure to the executive team
About Our Client
My client is a major investment bank with extensive global operations. With services including asset finance, asset management, advisory and brokerage, they have an excellent reputation amongst their clients, both individual and institutional alike.
With a strategy focused on using the technologies of the future to drive investment decision making, they are investing heavily in their data function and will be focusing on investing heavily in the field.
Reporting into the Lead Data Architect, this position will be responsible for defining and delivering the data strategy of the organisation, some of the core aspects of the position can be seen below:
- Ensure that data strategy and architectural principles are adhered to from concept and architectural review through to implementation.
- Ensure data architecture is compliant with APRA regulatory requirements
- Design of architecture solutions within the data space using agile methodologies.
- Acting as the SME across data architecture across a hybrid platform of both cloud and on-premise environments.
- Acting as a technical expert and taking technical leadership of data solutions within the overall architectural framework.
- Responsibility for delivering proposals to high level stakeholders and the architectural review board.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have an extensive track record of successful delivery of data architectures within an enterprise environment (preferably within financial services). They will also possess excellent stakeholder management and have a track record of liaising with heads of department and taking responsibility for major projects. Some of the core requirements of the successful candidates will be as follows:
- Experience of architecting and delivering data strategies across an enterprise level organisation. Strong preference will be given to experience within the financial services sector
- Able to demonstrate experience of outstanding stakeholder management skills across both technical and commercial stakeholders.
- Background in a data focused remit (data science, engineering, computer science) and delivery of data led projects which have delivered a commercial outcome
- Experience across a broad range of cloud platforms, including; GCP, AWS and Azure and knowledge of SAP core banking platform.