Drill & Blast Engineer
6 months with a view of permanency
Temp to Perm opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a leading mining contractor actively seeking an experienced Drill & Blast Engineer for a 6 month contract with a view of permanency. This role is a 2:2 FIFO role to start ASAP
Reporting to the Mining Operations Manager roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring, reporting and analysing project data including cost control, production reporting, resource management and other report project outputs; in order to provide the project management team with the necessary business intelligence for evidence-based decision making.
- Designing, preparing and implementing mine plans; including drill and blast design as required, to help achieve the optimum use of resources.
- Ensures operational design plans are practicable, can be implemented and are in compliance with the organisational goals for the project.
- Assisting in the establishment of quality and controls as per project specifications and plans.
- Preparing and monitoring of project management plans including traffic, quality and environmental plans.
- Administrating and utilising technology such as GPS machine control and mine management equipment as required.
- Liaising and clarifying with the client on a regular basis to ensure mine planning and claims are submitted and rectified.
- Identifying and recommending continuous improvement initiatives which improve safety, reduce project costs, and improve productivity.
- Monitoring compliance and applicable legislation, regulations and standards.
- Proactively driving and adhering to company safety policies, practices and procedures in compliance with all relevant legislation including Mines Safety & Inspection Act and Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety & Welfare Act
- Lending and adhering to Indus organisational values of commitment, One Team, inspiration innovation and candour.
- Promoting and using Indus safety systems, including the relevant tools and documentation, such as Takes, safe working procedures (SWP) and safe work method statements (SWMS) to meet site safety standards.
- Assisting superintendent's wit technical information to achieve cost and production/ maintenance targets.
- Managing on site document(s) for all written site procedures, plans and notifications as per the broader Indus document management system.
- Completing other tasks within training and capability as directed.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates must have the following.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent, with a major in mining is essential
- Quarry Manager Ticket is essential
- Experience with Surpac is highly desirable
What's on Offer
- Immediate Start
- FIFO 2:2 Roster
- 6 months with a view of permanency