Ecommerce Manager / Retail
Development and implementation of ecommerce strategy
Lead and grow the ecommerce team
About Our Client
Our Client is a global sports footwear and apparel manufacturer and retailer and as a global initiative is investing heavily in ecommerce and as a result is recruiting a Strategic and Performance Driven Ecommerce Manager to lead and grow their online channel.
Liaising with internal teams, International teams and external parties (agencies) and lead a small team to constantly improve and drive the digital presentation of the brand and website sales conversion. You will utilize your experience within ecommerce and marketing channels such as SEO, SEM, and Email Marketing to constantly inform and optimize the overall ROI and digital presence.
The main objectives are:
- In conjunction with the business strategy and global and local branding, define and implement the Company's Ecommerce strategy and project delivery time line.
- Manage frameworks and platforms to optimize engagement and Ecommerce growth for the business.
- Liaise with Marketing, Merchandising, Product Development, and Operations, to maximize Ecommerce campaigns to ensure sales targets are realized.
- Lead and brief the creation of online and digital campaign content.
- Manage the Ecommerce trading calendar liaising with key stakeholders to ensure online experience is aligned.
- Oversee merchandising and content management process and critical path to ensure product is online
- Set strategies and initiatives to increase traffic and conversion rates across digital platforms. Including ongoing monitoring and improving initiatives.
- Collaborate with Marketing and digital agencies for strategy and implementation of SEO, SEM, UX, Online promotions, visitor engagement, analytics, reporting, online merchandising and CRM management.
- Responsible for the front-end content management and back-end infrastructure. Including compliance, security and payment gateways.
- Recommend changes to the website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Measure and report the success and value of the online channel.
- Analyse the on-going success and value of digital marketing platforms via sales results, brand recognition, customer engagement and funnel conversions. Provide insights, suggestions and implement improvements
- Complete analysis and detailed reporting for all digital activities including customer interactions, sales, fulfilment, conversion rates, visitation, product performance, revenue, GP, Online contribution, multi rates, average basket, time to purchase etc.
- Ensure the Company's tone and voice language assets are consistently implemented across digital mediums
- Establish and maintain key relationship across internal teams and external agencies.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum of 4 years' experience within ecommerce, direct to consumer markets.
- HTML, CSS - basic knowledge
- Knowledge of SEO, website optimisation, data mining and security
- Knowledge of buying, merchandising and range planning processes.
- Strong planning, project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead and influence direct and cross-functional teams, domestic and international.
- Effective communication skills
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising initiatives that engage, inform and motive consumer buying behaviour across the online channels.
What's on Offer
- Remuneration is dependent on experience + super + bonus
- Opportunity to be part of an innovative fast paced and collaborative environment. Part of a lean cross functional business with the support of a global framework.
- Opportunity to build an ecommerce team and lead ecommerce projects.