EL1 / EL2 - Lawyer
Opportunity for a dynamic career in law
6mth + 3 year possible ext
About Our Client
The agency's purpose is to lead digital transformation to make Australian government services simple, quick and personalised. The agency has wide-ranging accountabilities including whole-of-government digital strategy, policy and advice, delivery of whole-of-government platforms and technologies as well as digital skills development and sourcing.
The DTA Lawyer will, under limited direction:
- Prepare legal advice and information on legal issues relevant to the DTA, including the interpretation and application of legislation and case law.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of DTA's internal quality assurance framework.
- Prepare responses to requests from staff and stakeholders.
- Perform research and analysis of legal issues.
- Provide administrative and clerical support the DTA Executive in relation to Legal Casework, including document management activities associated with external review matters.
- Work cooperatively with members of the DTA and staff to contribute to the management and strategic planning of DTA's work.
- Other legal duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
A law degree from a recognised higher education provider (or equivalent overseas qualification), admission as a legal practitioner in an Australian state or territory and a current legal practising certificate (or the capacity to obtain a practising certificate) is mandatory.
Security Clearance level required: Baseline (or ability to obtain and maintain).
To be eligible for employment with the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA), applicants must be an Australian citizen.
An applicant's suitability for employment with the DTA will be assessed through a pre-employment screening process. This process includes an Australian Police check.
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer the successful candidate the chance to work alongside high performing solicitors, have exposure to challenging matters and to be apart of a supportive and inclusive work culture.
If this position sounds interesting and you are looking to make the next move, please apply directly below.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Jackie Jones: 0420 353 352,
- Contract with long term extensions possibilities
- Complex and interesting legal matters
- Canberra CBD based