EL1 Lawyer - 6 month non-ongoing contract
Commercial and Administrative law
6 month non-ongoing contract
About Our Client
Our client is one of Australia's leading departments for trade and investment. They are experts in connecting Australian businesses to the world and the world to Australian businesses.They have a proud history of helping Australian businesses pursue their global ambitions and have the power to open doors, unlock opportunities and help Australian businesses go further, faster. They help attract game-changing investment to Australia, to support new industries, enhance existing ones and bolster our world-class research and development - strengthening global supply chains, creating local jobs and boosting the economy. With over 80 offices around the world, their experts in Australia and abroad collaborate to provide the best 'in-country' advice.
In this general commercial and administrative law role you need the legal skills and experience to:
- Advise on Australian and offshore contracts, including drafting and negotiating agreements, working with the procurement team to meet Commonwealth procurement requirements.
- Advise on complex requests under the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
- Advise on the Privacy Act 1988, and offshore equivalents.
- Provide legal advice in relation to their operations and relevant legislation.
- Provide general corporate and commercial legal advice including in the context of overseas jurisdictions.
- Define and develop legal policies and procedures, legal operating guidelines, and conduct legal compliance reviews.
Legal qualifications and experience
- At least 3 years' post admission experience in legal practice.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Innovation and fresh thinking
Demonstrated ability to bring innovation and fresh thinking and to use technology to improve business outcomes.
- Collaborating to solve problems
Proven ability to collaborate with peers and experts to solve problems and develop and implement effective solutions.
- Building strong relationships
Experience in building and maintaining strong and authentic relationships.
- Commercial acumen
Understanding the role of the department as a commercial arm of the Australian government.
- Cultural awareness
Experience in working with a culturally diverse organisation combined with a willingness to actively promote an environment of mutual respect for diversity and cultural differences.
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer the successful candidate the chance to work alongside high performing solicitors, have exposure to challenging matters and to be apart of a supportive and inclusive work culture.
If this position sounds interesting and you are looking to make the next move, please apply directly below.