EL2 - Program Manager (COS)
COVID19 - COS (Continuity of Support Program)
Initial Contract until 24 of December 2020 - Possible extensions
About Our Client
The work of the section supports older people with disability to continue to receive supports that are responsive to their needs through the transition and management of Continuity of Support Programme. In addition, the section continues to support people affected by incontinence by managing the National Continence Program and access to the Continence Aids Payment Scheme.
The CoS Program Section manages grant establishment for all programmes, including data management and reporting. Continuity of Support Section focuses on CoS policy, including funding policy aspects of the program, ongoing State Government negotiations and the interface with NDIS, NDIA and DSS.
- Working in conjunction with the Director to provide leadership in the delivery of programs;
- Providing strategic advice to the Executive in regard to program issues and policy risks;
- Undertaking horizon scanning and addressing emerging risks and opportunities;
- Provide support to the Director in continuing to build capability around the CoS function, including working collaboratively and facilitating the sharing of information across the division and the broader department;
- High level stakeholder engagement and development of positive relationships;
- Preparing and overseeing high-quality correspondence, briefings and reports ranging in complexity;
- Promoting and managing positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including liaison, negotiation and consultation;
- Delivery of key continuous improvement projects across the section;
- Manage a range of projects ensuring appropriate levels of governance and assurance;
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have:
- Take a collaborative, pragmatic, flexible approach to working with both internal and external stakeholders, including balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness;
- Work in a sensitive political environment with a capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals, perform and always work with a customer focused approach;
- Work with the section to coordinate complex tasks and manage time, including to manage peak workloads;
- Motivate and inspire staff and other key stakeholders using an inclusive leadership style;
- Plan, manage change, improve performance and manage competing priorities;
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal including a keen eye for detail;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Strong capability for problem solving, decision making and applying sound judgement; and
- Transparent and collaborative in decision making utilising a strong customer centric approach.
What's on Offer
- An experienced and cohesive team with a combined objective to support you in your career and long-term prospects
- An excellent salary package to compensate you for your hard work and skills and expertise that you bring to the table
- The opportunity to impact effective policy change and work on projects that will positively impact your community
How to Apply
If you feel this role might not be best suited to your skill set but would like to have a confidential discussion on your career, please get in touch.