- Niche role located in Henderson Western Australia
- Substantial future projects forecasted in the ship building industry
About Our Client
Our client is a reputable fourth generation family owned business with a subsidiary in Perth that was established in 2018 to commence construction of several vessels (offshore) for the Australian Government.
- Execution of the requirement analysis for their respective systems
- Planning and monitoring of engineering activities with respect to capacity constraints within the department
- Inter-departmental collaboration and inter-project teamwork to manage interfaces and overlapping tasks
- Collaboration with Lead Engineers in Australia and Germany
- Monitoring and reporting of related engineering activities and its defined parts of the work breakdown structure
- Manage design drawings and engineering changes and notices relating to electrical.
- File Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Requests for Variance (RFVs).
- Participate in various Project related meetings
- Ensure communication with subcontractors, customer representatives and classification society DNV is undertaken.
- Lead the review process with respective clients relating to electrical activities
- Informing stakeholders of relevant design changes
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will be required to undergo the Australian Defence Force Security Clearance process, of which a minimum requirement is Australian Citizenship and:
- Recognised qualification in electrical engineering - Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 year's experience in a similar role within the shipbuilding/defence industry
- Demonstrated experience with the design and integration of electrical systems on defence ships
What's on Offer
Work with a global leader in designing and building ships of the highest quality for demanding customers all over the world.