Electrical Engineer - Power Systems
Immediately Available Permanent Role
Electrical engineering and design of AC and DC power systems components
About Our Client
Our client is a leading international provider of communications design, supply, integration and support in the dedicated and industrial networks sector.
The specialise in the delivery of mission and business critical networks within the core business sectors of Mining, Oil and Gas, Transport, Utilities, Carrier and Public Safety.
With capabilities covering the entire project life-cycle, they offer a broad range of value added services from technology selection, product development, design, engineering, project management and product verification, through to after sales support, spares management and training.
The business maintains a strong and diverse network of technical experts to ensure our products and services are responsive, fit for purpose and flexible.
The role involves design and development of the RSS range of telecommunications infrastructure products including:
- Containerised shelter products (including associated AC and DC power and control systems)
- AC and DC generation and distribution systems
- Environmental sensing and PLC control systems
The key accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Liaising with internal and external customers to understand and confirm their requirements
- Translating requirements into a conceptual design and then detailed design
- Work with third party equipment and part suppliers to confirm design functionality
- Work with third party engineering consultants
- Work with draftspeople to create detailed design drawings
- Engage with the appointed independent design authority to get design signoff for conceptual and detailed designs
- Engage with customer representatives to finalise design signoff for conceptual and detailed designs
- Providing input into the factory acceptance testing of products, including validation of test plans against customer requirements and signoff of test plans
- Convert detailed designs into production designs, working with the production team to ensure components can be assembled cost-effectively in the factory
- Production engineering and integration of locally designed and third party sourced products
- Work with production team to help identify and resolve any design issues, ensuring proper change control process is followed for any changes
- Following company standard processes for design and providing suggestions for ongoing improvement and refinement
- Working with key suppliers, develop innovative and cost competitive solutions for power infrastructure (i.e. batteries, chargers, solar products).
- Development of supporting documentation and knowledge for products.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualification in electrical engineering;
- Proven track record of developing and documenting designs for power and control systems, ideally in similar types of products;
- Ability to organise project workflow and third party suppliers.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with windows based software, including Word and Excel, Project and Visio;
- Good inter personnel skills (a communicator);
- Motivated and capable of carrying out engineering tasks under minimal supervision.
- Competent in the use of 3D CAD (SolidWorks Ideally) package and/or AutoCAD
- Chartered Engineer, CPEng or RPEng status
- Exposure to the telecommunications infrastructure industry;
- Experience in working in the mining, oil & gas, or emergency services industry;
- Experience in producing designs for production;
- Understanding of Project Management principles.
What's on Offer
- Immediate start and a competitive salary
- Work with an industry leading company
- Collaborate with highly skilled professional engineers and management personnel.
- Exciting projects to boost your portfolio and advance your career