About Our Client
My client is a large FMCG organisation within the Food Industry. They have a large portfolio of leading food chains and are delivering sustained, profitable growth within a variety of markets, and are continually working to ensure that they produce specialist products to the highest quality standards.
The day to day activities of the Engineering Manager would be;
- Ensuring a safe working environment for plant and people
- Continual development of SOP's, risk assessments and working permits
- Develop and upskill a multi skilled maintenance team
- Manage contractors and sub contractors
- Ensure all engineering KPI's are achieved
- Develop and manage the sites CMMS program
- Maintain the PPM systems with a look to move to proactive maintenance
- Manage and control the maintenance budget
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and create a fully integrated engineering department
- Assist in Capital Expenditure
The Successful Applicant
Requirements of the Engineering Manager:
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- Previous experience of working in a fast moving environment (Food Industry is desired)
- Minimum 5 years engineering management experience
- Strong analytical and decision-making capability.
- Knowledge of the different types of mechanical equipment including, forming machine, boilers, refrigeration equipment.
- To be capable of managing and implementing change
- To be capable of project managing initiatives effectively
- Ability to work varied schedules that may include, evening, nights and weekends.
- Ability to influence all members of the team.
- Experience with emergency response, planning, implementation and training
- Projects experience
What's on Offer
A chance to join a well established company with a strong pipeline of work and an attractive salary is on offer for the successful applicant.