Enterprise Solutions Architect
Greenfield opportunity to establish, lead & develop an architecture practice
Opportunity to work for a unique FS business trying to impact the world
About Our Client
An established customer-owned financial services organisation with a unique approach to making society better. They are committed to having a big impact on the world by making a number of commitments to sustainability and environmental practices.
This is a newly created role, chiefly responsible for setting up and developing the new architecture practice in the business. You will be responsible for achieving delivery and organisational goals by designing and overseeing the architectural technology vision, its design and execution across teams and external vendors, ensuring fit for purpose, value for money and aligned to business priorities and IT strategy. This role will deliver contemporary architecture that enables continuous change at speed and will support the function by designing, developing and communicating architectural models, processes, tools and standards.
The organisation punches well above their weight and has a relatively lean IT function, so this is a hands-on role, where you will be required to be 'on the tools' when needed but also be comfortable acting as the conduit between business and technology, working closely with executives and c-suite.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful and meet the challenges of this role you will need to ideally meet the following criteria:
- Deep expertise and knowledge of the technology domain, actively maintaining awareness of new industry advancements and specifically aware of the technical challenges involved with defining the future of security
- Previous experience leading architectural design including developing enterprise level reference models & standards, and the adherence to the architectural operating model
- Have established or significantly contributed towards the establishment of an enterprise level Architecture function
- Experience with cloud environments, having worked with a 'cloud first' focus which can contribute to the development of business and technology roadmaps that support the transition to modern future state architecture
- The ability to convey complex, technical ideas to the understanding of a non-technical audience and comfortable providing technical demonstrations or having architecture discussions with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrable experience in the integration of security systems and methodologies into architectural designs, ensuring customer information and data security are considered as top priority
- You must be values driven, wanting to make a positive impact to change the world
- You are an emotionally intelligent team player with the ability to work independently
- You thrive in a busy, diverse environment with a proactive, flexible agile mindset and have the ability to balance current and new architecture in the context of competing business demands
- You are an exceptional communicator with first rate stakeholder management skills enabling you to effectively collaborate, contribute and persuade at all levels
- You are a problem solver and solution builder, able to strike the balance between between conceptual, analytical thinking and the need for 'let's get this done!' practicality and pragmatism.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a great opportunity to make a huge impact and create a legacy within the organisation. They will be offered completely flexible working as well as a competitive package.