Events Manager - Corporate
3-6 Month contract, December commencement
Large-scale corporate events and awards ceremony
About Our Client
Our client is a Federal Government agency centrally located in Canberra CBD who are growing their contemporary digital and design service to a broader government portfolio.
The new Events Manager will design, deliver, coordinate, and promote high priority large-scale corporate events and support the delivery of smaller workshops, seminars, and alumni events in 2020.
- Navigate Commonwealth legislation and internal procurement processes.
- Budget management and tracking financial expenditure to support the Finance team.
- Pre and post-event evaluation reporting for senior executive staff.
- Project management of internal stakeholders, contracts, and suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful as the new Events Manager, you should have relevant qualifications and experience within a corporate or government workplace - preferably related to the digital sector. Also:
- Project management skills used for large-scale corporate events.
- Ability to perform well in multi-disciplinary teams and challenging environments.
- Strong administrative and IT competency, quickly able to pick up new tools.
- Sound understanding of Commonwealth procurement and financial policies.
- High-priority reporting capability and maintenance of accurate records.
Must be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance - Australian Citizenship required.
What's on Offer
- 3-month initial contract with further 3-month extension
If you currently looking for opportunities and feel this role is right for you, please click 'Apply' with your updated CV or contact James Buckland on 02 6222 8931.