Strong pipeline of work for 2021 and beyond
Work with an Australian manufacturer delivering premium product to market
About Our Client
Our client is proud Australian manufacturing organization who specialize in the manufacture of industrial equipment supplying to the Food & Beverage industry. For decades they have retained the reputation as the number one manufacturer in terms of build quality, delivery and service.
This position focuses strongly on production and facilitating and directing continuous improvement of the plant's operational performance as it relates to profitability, quality, productivity, on-time delivery, inventory investment and cost controls.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day to day responsibility for overseeing all aspects of the production floor and warehouse
- Planning and overseeing the execution of various Six Sigma transformation events targeted towards improving performance on safety, quality, cost and delivery.
- Focus on business performance improvements that yield zero accidents, waste elimination, customer satisfaction, zero accidents, defect free products and increased market share.
- Spearheading productivity initiatives that drive year over year cost improvement.
- Actively participate in strategic planning the companies global manufacturing strategy to maximise service to customers and reduction of consolidated cost of goods sold.
- Continuously improve safety.
- Ensure products are manufactured according to specifications, quality standards and delivered on-time.
- Provide direction, leadership and drive positive influence in company culture.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in this role:
- Degree qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to direct and motivate the team at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously, planning and scheduling work and activities to routinely meet cost and schedule parameters.
- Strong experience in running an effective production team and factory
- Six Sigma/Lean qualification preferred.
What's on Offer
An attractive salary package is on offer to the successful candidate. The opportunity also exists for this person to be involved in joining and taking this company to the next level in operation excellence with great career development potential.