Field Service & Calibration Engineer
Material Testing Systems (MTS)
Work with market leading clients performing measurement and simulation.
About Our Client
John Morris Group is a privately-owned Australian firm engaged in the supply of precision instrumentation. We devise technical solutions for customers in the Laboratory, Environmental, Petrochemical, Vacuum and Test & Measurement market sectors. Our customers are researchers and engineers located throughout Australia, New Zealand & the South West Pacific region.
We pride ourselves on our positive team culture, family roots and strong supplier partnerships. We enjoy lifelong customer relationships and are known for our product quality, organisational integrity and stability.
Our experienced leadership team believe in Defining our customer needs, Designing superior solutions, Delivering a higher standard of product and service and Delighting our customers throughout the process.
The Field Service & Calibration Engineer will report to the Service Manager. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Onsite calibration, maintenance, servicing and installation of MTS Systems test equipment
- Diagnosing equipment problems (eg in controllers, data acquisition systems, transducers, grips etc) to permit rapid restoration of normal equipment operation
- Promoting and performing calibration services to be the lead service specialist in this area
- Conducting installation and preventative maintenance activities, assisted where required by our skilled JMG engineers
- Working with other specialists in the JMG Test and Measurement division
- Performing all works in accordance with MTS Systems' specifications and JMG's work procedures
- Training other JMG engineers on MTS Systems' diagnostic techniques and calibration
- Building strong relationships with our suppliers, customers and internal teams
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this position you will love learning and being challenged across a broad range of equipment and industries. Additionally, you will possess:
- Demonstrable exceptional experience in a Field Service Engineer role (minimum of five years)
- Hydraulics and calibration experience
- Ability to master both software and hardware of large hydraulic and mechanical systems
- A reliable, calm, 'can do' demeanour with strong lateral thinking ability and an attention to detail
- Ability to work in Australia
- Australian Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills
- Willing and able to travel to various locations around Australia, New Zealand and overseas.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office™ products and able to learn new systems quickly.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion will be rewarded by a competitive remuneration package that includes a car allowance and participation in a commission scheme. You will enjoy variety, responsibility and the opportunities arising in a growing organisation.