Great Analytical Role
About Our Client
Australia is a key product development hub for Ford, with the company investing more than $1.4 billion in research and development in Australia between 2016-18. More than $500 million of investment is planned for 2019.
Ford Australia is Australia's largest automotive employer, with more than 2000 engineers, designers, technical and automotive specialists working at four locations across Victoria. Australia-based engineers and designers lead the development of award-winning vehicles such as the Ford Ranger pickup and Everest SUV.
The development of these vehicles demonstrates how local innovation and high-tech design continue to be expanded locally through Ford Australia's extensive product development operations.
This Campbellfield based finance team plays a critical role in supporting local designers and engineers in the development and delivery of innovations that make Ford's customers lives easier and better.
Reporting to the team Finance Manager your role will require you to support the Product Development team as a Finance Analyst through the following responsibilities;
* Make recommendations on financial impacts to guide the decision making process
* Provide business performance and departmental analysis identifying key issues and trends
* Compile high level reports, proposals and ad-hoc analysis as required
* Support Business Plan and Budget processes with cost input and reconciliation
* Conduct product cost, profitability analysis and variance reporting
The Successful Applicant
This is an exceptional opportunity for a commercially minded and driven finance professional. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a team orientated environment, be flexible in their approach to work and possess the following traits;
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work within a cross functional team (with Purchasing, Engineering, Marketing etc)
* Ability to summarise detailed information and present key take-outs to senior management
* Leadership skills - being a self starter, drive for results & closure
* Process oriented and attention to detail.
* Dealing with large quantities of data
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and experience in manipulating large data sets
* Business Acumen (Strong understanding of business processes)
* Quality Methods (Business reports, detailing deficiencies of processes and procedures)
* Drive for results (Tight deadlines)
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.