Finance Business Analyst
-Senior stakeholder exposure
About Our Client
Our client is an ASX listed energy company based in the Melbourne CBD, with a strong corporate culture allowing for quick and diverse development, as well as a firm focus on growing your corporate exposure. This tight knit working environment are high performing and pride themselves on growing each of their business units as one, ensuring everyone is heading in the right direction. Communication and team work are priority within the organisation as well as a desire for professional development and future learnings. Being a large scale organisation there are many staff benefits including increased responsibilities and vast exposure to senior stakeholders.
Reporting to the FP&A Manager, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Support the creation of external packs providing an update on business performance, ensuring all data analysis results are digestible for non-financial stakeholders.
- Preparation of monthly reporting pack including consolidation of financials and key metrics, analysis, insights and commentary.
- Strategic and competitive analysis to ensure all business units are progressing in the right direction, through constant communication and business partnering.
- Assist the FP&A manager in developing, maintaining and improving driver-based planning, forecasting and financial reporting models.
- Assist the FP&A team to complete analysis and data investigation in commercial reviews, deep dives and overall value adding.
- Participate in a broad range of ad-hoc projects and analysis to influence decision making and continuously create efficiencies within the organisation.
The Successful Applicant
This is an exceptional opportunity for an up and coming first time mover from a top accounting firm looking to move into industry. Exposure to energy companies or ASX listed organisations will be beneficial, with the ability to work in a team environment essential. Communication skills to all levels of internal and external stakeholders is paramount. Your ability to talk through key achievements as well as the ability to display strong excel skills will be beneficial for this opportunity.
What's on Offer
The ability to use your prior knowledge to add value as well as your willingness to learn will allow you to thrive within this role. You will be operating in a team which will offer diverse learning opportunities and the ability to grow with the company, with a strong focus on growing your commercial acumen. In return you will be compensated with a competitive remunerating package as well as the ability to work autonomously.