- Fantastic Team Culture
- Career Growth Opportunities
About Our Client
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day.
We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
As the Finance Business Partner, and with 2 direct reports, your responsibilities will include:
- Create a culture within the team where personal accountability is promoted, by providing clear and regular feedback.
- Lead, inspire and motivate the team to do their best by promoting a culture of continuous learning and development.
- Build strong and positive relationships with the Executive, General Managers, Development Managers and Area Manager, providing them with insightful sector analysis to better enable decision making.
- Drive informative interpretation and analysis of business drivers to key internal stakeholders in a timely and effective manner utilizing strong commercial acumen
- Partner with business units to investigate and understand current inefficiencies and drive change and enhance the turnaround time of results to sector stakeholders
- Manage the annual business planning cycle, including regular forecasting for all sectors in consultation with sector stakeholders.
- Build business models that provide continuous feedback to stakeholders on performance.
- Partner with stakeholders across the sectors to provide strategy and commercial insights, along with recommended actions, to support General Managers and their decision making.
- Provide the Executives and Board with quality analysis in relation to continuing business performance objectives and timelines
- Work with other Finance Business Partners and CFO in developing the organisation's Investment strategy.
- With the assistance of subject matter experts develop predictive analytics utilizing AI and Machine Learning techniques so as to further understand business drivers and opportunities.
Systems and Process Improvement
- Implementation of all best practice systems and procedures in consultation with the Finance Leadership team and executives.
- Identify and drive the development of improved forecasting and budgeting process to achieve greater accuracy.
The Successful Applicant
You will be CA/CPA Qualified with at least 5 years' experience in a similar position within a similar industry. You will have exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to manage an array of stakeholders with different needs. You will have experience managing and/or mentoring junior staff in the past.
What's on Offer
- Global Organisation
- Business Partnering Position
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Working from home flexibilities
- On-site parking