Finance Manager- New Product Development
Great Company Culture
Competitive Salary and Benefits
About Our Client
Ford is investing more in R&D in Australia than any other auto-maker, including $2 billion in R&D between 2010 and 2016 and uniquely capable of developing vehicles from the ground up locally. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join the global company that is set to become the largest automotive employer in Australia beyond 2017.
The development of these vehicles demonstrates how local innovation and high-tech design continue to be expanded locally through Ford Australia's extensive product development operations.
This Campbellfield based finance team plays a critical role in supporting local designers and engineers in the development and delivery of innovations that make Ford's customers lives easier and better.
Reporting to the team Financial Controller your role will require you to support the Product Development team by leading a team of analysts through the following responsibilities;
- Responsible for providing Contribution Margin analysis for one or more programs during concept, project and model year phases.
- Managing Material Cost and Investment analysis
- Supporting the Engineering team with sound business equation advice
- Leading the liaison with a Regional CBG Profit Team to coordinate inputs for financial reporting
- Develop principles, processes and tools to improve efficiency of Material Cost tracking and reporting
- Participate in special studies/assignments as required to support program decisions
The Successful Applicant
This is an exceptional opportunity for a commercially minded and driven finance professional. The successful candidate will enjoy leading teams, be flexible in their approach to work and possess the following traits;
- Excellent ability to analyse and interpret large datasets to provide insightful management reports and ultimately improve decision making
- Excellent cost accounting experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a cross functional team (with Purchasing, Engineering, Marketing etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (or similar)
- Minimum 3 years work experience in automotive industry or related industry.
- Strong business acumen with exceptional analytical skills
- Proficient in understanding and interpreting financial information and communicating the information in a clear and concise way.
- Possess strong leadership skills in areas of business acumen, integrity, courage, motivation, teamwork, and communication.
- Proficient in IT and technical skills. Strong to Advanced Excel skills.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced