Immediate Start for a long term contract
About Our Client
Our client is a local council seeking an experienced Finance Manager to lead and manage a team of 15 staff. They are proud of their culture and offer a friendly and supportive working environment.
Reporting into the Director of Corporate Services, responsibilities will include but are not limited too;
- Managing the budget including, budget setting, forecasting and liaising across the organisation
- Supporting the Director of Finance with regards to the strategic plans
- Statutory reporting and liaising with the auditors
- Putting together the monthly management reports and presenting to the executive board
- Managing the governance and compliance functions
- Leading the finance team and overseeing leadership of the administration, governance and policy teams
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant must have experience working as a Finance Manager and managing medium to large budgets as well as direct management of leading and coaching staff. Local Government experience is highly desirable, however candidates from a state government background, NFP or commercial will also be considered. Candidates must be available to interview week commencing 4th March and be available to start immediately or on a short notice period.
What's on Offer
- Leadership role in Local Government
- Competitive hourly rates of $55 - $65 per hour + super
- Could lead to a permanent position