- A newly created Finance Manager position working for an independent school
- Overseeing the finance division reporting into the Director of Business
About Our Client
The independent school operates from early learning to secondary school education that are located in the inner-suburbs of Melbourne.
The role is responsible for ensuring the College's monthly, quarterly and annual financial analysis, budgets and reporting are timely, accurate and compliant with the relevant Australian Accounting Standards, appropriate internal control procedures and are accompanied where required by insightful commentary.
The Finance Manager will maintain and develop appropriate documentation of internal controls, policies and procedures.
Prepare the College's 3 way reporting on at least a quarterly basis within 5 business days of the expiry of each reporting period to monitor performance against budget and supported by insightful commentary and analysis where required-
- Monitor the cash balance and transactions daily.
- Complete ad hoc analysis including the provision of insightful commentary as required
- Complete and submit monthly BAS
- In conjunction with the DoB, undertake the preparation of annual budgets, cash flow forecasts and monitoring of performance.
- Prepare end of year financial accounts for external audit.
- In conjunction with the Director of Business, maintain regular contact with College auditors and bankers in relation to the College's financial position and overseeing the implementation of the appropriate audit recommendations.
- In conjunction with the DoB, identify and enact continual cost efficiencies, revenue maximisation and process improvement opportunities.
- Keep abreast of and manage GST matters and other government affairs
The Successful Applicant
- CPA or CA qualification.
- Ability to monitor, lead and manage a team/department.
- Strong financial/accounting skills and knowledge.
- Experience in managing multiple finance functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to build positive and constructive relationships with others and can diffuse high tension situations comfortably.
- Ability to set and achieve goals personally and as part of a team.
- High level of computer literacy skills, and advance skills in Excel.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets, financial reports, and accounts management.
- Ability to maintain composure when under pressure and during challenging situations; can effectively manage stress and demonstrate resilience.
- Possess a broad understanding of the financial needs of a large independent school.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and enhancing financial policies and procedures.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner and uphold the values and ethics of the College.
What's on Offer
The client is paying a market rate for this role and offer flexible working arrangements. The office is located in the inner-suburbs of Melbourne