- CBD Location
- Learning & Development
About Our Client
Our client is a large multi-national agricultural company, with an opportunity available within the Melbourne CBD team. This opportunity will allow for clear career progression and development, in an ever evolving landscape. This fast paced and ever growing, high performing team pride themselves on working as a team and in doing so have outstanding results. Team work and communication have high a priority within the organisation as well as a strong focus on development and continuous learnings.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Accounting for profit & loss and balance sheet accounts, including preparation of monthly journals/general ledger;
- Month end reconciliations;
- Provide accurate and timely monthly analysis/commentaries of results;
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual close schedules and associated reports;
- Assist with the preparation of all required statutory financial reports, including note disclosures;
- Assist with the co-ordination of year-end external audit processes, including liaising with external auditors;
- Preparation of equity accounting for associates and joint ventures;
- Preparation of various investment trial balance take-ups;
- Analyse business requirements to recommend and/or develop procedures/processes to solve and implement;
- Management/financial accounting requirements;
- Assist with implementing/maintaining internal reporting controls & procedures;
- Ad hoc project work & further Business analysis
The Successful Applicant
An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, up and coming first time mover from a top accounting firm looking to move into industry. Exposure to large scale organisations and the agriculture industry will be beneficial, with the ability to collaborate in a team environment essential. Communication skills are paramount, CA or CPA qualification and strong excel skills are preferred.
What's on Offer
The ability to work autonomously and within a team, with a focused attitude and a willingness to add value will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package and increased responsibilities. You will be operating in a team which will offer diverse learning opportunities and the ability to progress within the company, with a strong focus on growing your commercial acumen.