Financial Accountant - Financial Services
Clear Career Progression
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading Financial Services firm, with an opportunity available within the Melbourne CBD team. This opportunity will allow for clear career progression and development, in an ever evolving and fast paced industry. The high performing team pride themselves on high standards and in doing so they have outstanding timely and accurate results. Team work and communication have pivotal to the role as well as a strong focus on development and continuous learnings. Being a large corporate there are many staff benefits including continuous learning and a strong focus on developing your commercial acumen.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Management reporting and analysis; including end-to-end month end processing to meet corporate deadlines, forecast analysis and preparation of management accounts to senior stakeholders
- Budgeting and Forecasting including analysing and reporting variance against budget and forecasts and assisting the Finance Manager to co-ordinate and prepare the Annual Budgets & forecasts
- Preparation of Month end financial reports and Year end Statutory reports
- Assist with consolidating financials for multiple entities, including developing relationships with department heads
- Mentor Assistant Accountant including working with the L&D team to customise their training program
- Tax Compliance and review of returns including Payroll tax, BAS, and Income Tax Returns
- Investigating process improvements and streamlining systems, adding value across the whole organisation
- Ad-hoc projects and further business analysis
The Successful Applicant
An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, up and coming first time mover from a top accounting firm looking to move into industry. Exposure to the Financial Services industry will be beneficial, with the ability to collaborate in a team environment essential. Communication skills are paramount, CA or CPA qualification and strong excel skills are preferred.
What's on Offer
The ability to work autonomously and within a team, with a focused attitude and a willingness to add value will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package and increased responsibilities. You will be operating in a team which will offer diverse learning opportunities and the ability to progress within the company, with a strong focus on growing your commercial acumen.