Financial Accountant - Manufacturing
About Our Client
Our client is an established highly regarded Manufacturing company, with an opportunity available within the Melbourne team. This opportunity will allow for clear career progression and development, in an ever evolving landscape. This fast paced and ever growing, high performing team pride themselves on high standards and in doing so have outstanding results. Team work and communication have high a priority within the organisation as well as a strong focus on development and continuous learnings.
Reporting to the Financial Manager, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly IAS and quarterly IAS for external review.
- Preparation of annual FBT return for external review.
- Monthly accounts review and cost account analysis for the Company Accountant.
- Preparation and management of quarterly stocktakes.
- Preparation of the quarterly accounts, which will involve detailed cost and variance analysis and reconciliations. Will be required to work closely with our External Accountants and the Finance Manager
- Preparation of the annual tax returns, for review by our External Accountants.
- Preparation of the Annual Budget, working closely with the Managing Director, Finance Manager and General Manager - Operations. This will also require work to transition to more detailed monthly budgeting.
- Preparation of the annual Financial Statements and preparation for the annual audit in conjunction with our External Accountants
- Liaise with external Auditors for the annual audit
- May be required to assist with payroll processing and reconciliations.
Assist in covering the Company Accountants duties during times of leave, which may involve taking on some Accounts Receivable and payroll functions. Finance Manager will also be involved in assisting to covering these duties.
- Further ad hoc analysis and projects as required
The Successful Applicant
- CA/CPA Qualified or equivalent.
- Exposure to manufacturing environments or previous audit experience is highly beneficial.
- Solid technical understanding of financial accounting standards and processes.
- Sound knowledge of ERP systems (experience with SAP Business One is beneficial).
- Great problem-solving skills and adaptability.
- Advanced Skills in MS Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business.
- Previous experience with BAS/IAS/FBT preparation.
What's on Offer
The ability to work autonomously and within a team, with a focused attitude and a willingness to add value will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package and increased responsibilities. You will be operating in a team which will offer diverse learning opportunities and the ability to progress within the company, with a strong focus on growing your commercial acumen.